View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 05:51 PM   #1
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
New problem unholy noise M750

The crashed M750 restoration is becoming a pain a couple of weeks ago I started the engine and all was well apart from rear cyclinder oil leak and no tickover on rear carb ,

So i tore it down cleaned the carb ther was a little dirt in Slow running jet lifted rear head and changed big O ring and little Oring on dowel ,, put some new belts on too and bolted it all back together ,, timing fine engine turns over with no plugs no interference ,, started engine and there is an unholy mechanical racket but nothing interfering ,, nothing loose or out of tolerance ,, so i suspect exhaust gaskets ,, cleaned out the exhaust ports thoroghly so the have no gaskets or debris fit new ducati early thin type ex gaskets and start bike still unholy noise and poor running ???im convinced its the exhaust gaskets I have fitted the latter type thick ones which make it even worse ,,

im getting paranoid because i thought the valves were hitting piston but cant be that

either im missing something but have 3 750s never seen an issue like this before ???

I think that ducati are not supplying me the correct parts as the original gaskets were fibre and all the ones they are sending are mettallic even the thin ones and they also seem a little small for the post in diameter

im completely baffled also the left hand cab is still not working on slow circuit ???unles this is a symptom all the igniters , coils , plugs leads are working fine tested them on other bike ans fuel is flowing on main jets ?