View Single Post
Old 15-09-2018, 05:36 PM   #17
crawsue
Bronze Member

Bike: M1100evo
Another users opinion, 2018.

Having read and reread Luddite's excellent piece and also exchanged PM's with him, I decided to try the O2 sensor eliminators, I've already junked the exhaust valve and catalytic converter (by installing a Remus Hypercone) and I've changed to a 14 tooth sprocket.
Fitting was relatively straightforward and I had a chance between showers to get 80 miles on the bike today, mixed town work of 30 mph and some good open road blasts (70 + !).
There is a positive difference, it doesn't hunt as much on small throttle openings in the low gears, it's still not the most pleasant experience and I certainly wouldn't want to be city commuting on it.....ever!
On the open road it pulls like a train and has lost the occasional "cough" as it picked up on acceleration, I haven't noticed the flashing engine light on rapid downshifts.
But after sitting for half an hour it was reluctant to start and when it did the engine light stayed on. I stopped for fuel and it started OK, but still displayed the engine light. I gave it the berries for around 15 miles, stopped and cut the engine, restarted and the light stayed off.
On my outward run , of around 40 miles, it would not return to normal tickover (1200 rpm) but wanted to tickover at around 2200 rpm , not good for traffic work. But it has done this in the past and is probably another "glitch" ( all sensible ideas/suggestions gladly accepted !)
Luddite has also suggested changing plugs to a different spec iridium and that will be my next step.
I'm basically a little happier and will decide before putting the bike to bed for the winter if I'm going to get the ECU reflash or use the cash to upgrade the suspension.
crawsue is offline   Reply With Quote