Thread: My S2R 800
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 06:01 PM   #89
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moco1961 View Post
I am sad to say my S2R 1000 tank has succumbed to the curse over the winter too ! Not swelling but what I can only describe as a rash.......... like all over the tank. When I took the cover off I thought it was condensation.

I have come to the same conclusion as you both, if you are interested I have contacted a guy in Italy who will oblige.....I am trying to make sense of import taxes at the moment before I place an order. let me know if you want details..... dont want to hi- jack the thread... sorry Anthony .
Good luck with that .. as far as I could see when I looked at it you'll get to pay VAT on the item including the shipping cost and then some import duty on top of that. so figure a minimum of 20% and up to 30ish. For the stuff I was looking at it took the overall price well above what you could source in the UK, well where you could actually find what you were after.
The thought in the regs is that the supplier would add the VAT levy then using their newly set up account with IRS pay through that but I don't think many companies will do that unless they have a really substantial UK market as it involves lots of paperwork, submission of trading accounts financial details and other information.
If it was a whole bike then it's even more vague as you seem to have to pay extra on items that aren't standard and the valuation of these is made pretty arbitrarily.
F*****g 'free trade' mess