Thread: My S2R 800
View Single Post
Old 20-02-2021, 04:15 PM   #82
Blah blah
Upsetting normal people..

Bike: S2r
The hoses are fine and tbh I wouldn't be happy twisting the banjos, they are after all my brakes and have been made by people who know what they're doing. I don't need titanium pins (or nipples) as the calipers came with them, the bolts have been replaced with new plated steel (grade 12.9!) and are looking shiny.

No worries on the thread hi-jack about the tank, "tecknorace" in Italy is a name I have having searched, and there's a thread on here and other forums about the tank geoffduk (?) got for his monster that seems a bit lush.

it's just the £2k for a tank I'm struggling to hide from the wife, no, err justify as it'll mean I've spent more on upgrades to the suspension, brakes and tank than it cost to buy the thing in the first place. Mind you, with all the changes I've made and those done by others, it's probably worthless now...

Anyway, if you factor in man maths, it'll cost about £1700 for a new plastic tank from Ducati that will then need to be sealed and may expand in the future so it'll probably cost the same as an alloy one in the long run...

Last edited by Blah blah; 20-02-2021 at 04:30 PM..
Blah blah is offline   Reply With Quote