View Single Post
Old 15-10-2018, 09:06 PM   #8
Doggy

Bike: M796
Hi Ron,
I borrowed the 821 for a week up to and around Scotland . 2.5k miles in the week!.
The 821 seemed so smooth and powerful compared to my aircooled 796 . It pulls like a Duc should from low down but also if you want to leave it in a low gear and blast between turns it really likes to rev and it fly's! .
The standard pipes sound great, mirrors are fine and the dash is clear enough . Great brakes too .
Almost tempted to sell my 796 and buy his 821!

With my 796 I had a MV Brutale 800 which I loved, which I traded in for the RS .
The MV had lots of character, angry engine amazing steering,always wanting to GO . rock hard suspension and seat though .

The RS is soo smooth and good it's almost a bit boring on the road . I like it, but I don't love it yet! .
The quickshifter is sublime and makes the old one on the MV feel ancient . The Ohlins again is in another world .
It's too easy to ride too fast and ride a bit like a twat at times and I should know better .

Also, you go to a bike meet and there are always a few street triples about and a couple of RS's probably . But not many monsters at all, i think it's nice to be a bit different .
Not ridden the 821 since last year so may have to have a go to see how it is against the rs .

Hope that sort of helps, you'll like the RS but maybe like the 821 more if your a Duc man ? . Get a test ride on both, one after the other.

Colin
Doggy is offline   Reply With Quote