View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 10:39 PM   #187
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
I am desperate to get on with the resin spraying but the weather just is not right for it. I need to get all the CF parts I intend to make dry fitted so I can then strip the bike down and do the really enjoyable stuff. So at the moment I am looking for jobs to do (anything rather than starting the wiring loom).
My first race bike was a 650cc Bonneville Triton with a Gold Star RRT2 box and a Triumph clutch with a single row primary chain. The primary chain used to overheat badly until I fitted a total loss gravity fed oiler (probably wouldn't be allowed now).
I want to fit an oil reservoir under the seat with a small bore tap and connect it to a an oil delivery bracket near the rear sprocket. I will connect it with car windscreen washer plastic pipe. Somewhere in the system I will fit a carburettor pilot jet so all the oil does not fall out too quickly.
I puzzled about how best to mount the bracket without drilling holes in the swinging arm. The rear hugger bracket is no good because when the chain is adjusted the delivery bracket will be in the wrong place.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote