View Single Post
Old 17-10-2020, 02:32 PM   #21
alan s4

Bike: S4 challenge
New parts all fitted, and yes the original basket and friction plates were proper fecked.

Difference in noise levels is unbelievable, I could actually run an open with an open clutch now, not that I'm going to.

Anyway, selected 1st and trundled around for a bit, then couldn't select neutral. Also noticed that the clutch was dragging even when lever fully pulled in. One of the new plates was concave and it wasn't entirely clear from the instructions what way round it should be fitted so I stripped all the plates again and refitted, problem now is that the clutch lever won't budge by a mm.

So stripped everything back off again (assumed the push rod must be stuck or something) and the clutch lever is still locked.

Next removed the slave cylinder completely, still locked.

Slackened bleed nipple and the clutch will now pump, albeit feels stiff and notchy. Bled through new fluid and reattached slave - clutch lever locked again.

I'm not one to believe in coincidences, however the problem does seem to be with the master cylinder, just so happened to coincide with changing the clutch plates?

Now got to decide whether to try and find a replacement brembo clutch master cylinder or try a repair kit.

Any thoughts??
alan s4 is offline   Reply With Quote