View Single Post
Old 19-07-2012, 10:28 PM   #2
banditloon

Now, to yesterday (18th July), she started for the first time in two months! Fine, she did need some help from the jump start pack, but she started! So, quickly the tank was slapped down, and off I went for a 1.1 mile run around the work yard. She was running rough, sometimes dropping power, but she was moving under her own steam!

I park her back up in the workshop, and hear "hissssssssssssssssssssssssss".... Great, something is leaking...

Typical! Luckily, I had a set of Pirelli Diablo Corsa tyres lying around (as you do).

And now, finally upto date. The tyre was swapped over today. The original battery put back in and she fired up, and worryingly sounding a lot better than last night! Then she wouldn't start, but that has been traced to the poxy little wire that plugs into the solenoid. A quick blat around the yard tonight and she feels a lot better!

Just a few more jobs left to complete before she'll be ready for the 20th Anniversary of the Monster. MOT and tax, sort out the mess behind the headlight, and maybe actually give the engine a good clean (after a full service).