View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 07:24 PM   #59
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
Thanks for the kind words. I'd love to be able to do a custom build like yours but, as I lack the knowledge, skills, resources and definitely patience, I'll have to make do with bolt-ons!

Like you, I'm a big fan of the air-cooled lumps. The best I've experienced, as delivered, was the twin spark unit in my S2R - a very sweet motor. Unfortunately, the Evo engine is hampered by emission/noise control paraphernalia, which screws up the low speed running. But, once that's removed and the ECU remapped, the engine is a peach. My best one (so far!).
Yep 1000ie DS motor is best 2V by a country mile, the 1100 might be ok, not tried one but from posts on here its the low speed efi that messes things up. Oh and the 1100S is probably better than the Evo on paper at least, even if it is a bit down on overall HP, so what? The S s looks better to IMHO. But if you bolt all those goodies on then its all good.

Oh btw food for thought you need a yoke mounted steering damper and a carbon subframe and maybe, possibly 1100s wheels or BST.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote