View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 08:06 PM   #25
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
I've been following these for a while and at the moment there just aren't enough fast charging points available.
Most times I take either of my bikes out for a decent run I'll burn 2-3 tanks of fuel, that's 250 odd miles. Last week I scooted off with one of my neighbours for a little run that ended up in Teignmouth (350 mile round trip) ... not sure why but that'd where we ended up. Anyway you slice it that would be a few recharges and that assumes you could find the high output units ( 45-60 mins to 95% charge) not the more common slow chargers (IRO 4 hours to 95%) .. and that you were signed up to use that companies charger network ... and that there was even an available charger .. and that you have a compatible high rate charge connecter cable (not a given unfortunately)
So rather than a 7 hour jaunt it would end up around 10+ maybe more as an S2R chasing a blade gets a bit thirsty, a Zero would work as hard.
Today it would be difficult to get to north wales unless you went around wales as charger availibity is dire, not sure if the RAC/AA boosters would do it
It's batteries and charger networks.. both are getting better but they aren't better enough yet