View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 06:39 PM   #20
Kingfisher88

I'm glad you enjoyed it what a great write up too.
A few things I could also shed some light on from reading the comments too.
Firstly the electric production side of things, after reading many things on this I have found that in the last 20-30 years we as a nation are using alot less energy, enough supposedly that if 90% of people switch over night to electric vehicles the grid will cope fine, the only issue being if everyone comes home, plugged in to charge, turn on the cookers and kettles ect at the same time if would be to bigger peak at once but I thing they are working on timed chargers for home to delay the charge.

Saint aka ML, the super moto bike (fxs) is only fitted with a half size battery, but even still 30miles on a charge, you must have been spanking it fairly , we usually say 40-70miles for those with normal riding, but we do have a customer in London that has squeezed 100miles on one. With the other models that have full size batteries you will get a realistic 60-100 miles quite happily.

On the power front... the Srf is a nice pokey bit of kit with loads of torque, but there is room for more power in the motor I believe so it might be a 1200 beater one day

Gazza, I would love to see what ducati could do with electric too one day hopefully soon.