Thread: Baby Monster
View Single Post
Old 28-05-2012, 01:44 AM   #7
He11cat

Just a progress report
What I have found wrong with little monster.

So far cosmetics..
wheels been in an off or over as chunks out of the rims and flattened back and front.
Casings dented and on one side acid damaged, paint flaking badly. oily dirty.
Frame I think if I recall Carl said was 4cm bent out at the back the bikes been in a accident .

There was described as rub marks touched up due to cable ties rubbing into paint frame.
Actually again where bike had been over or accident damaged as chunks out of it not just rubs where cable ties where.
Forks felt lumpy and clonky, seals kept going and in paper work this kept coming up.
Forks pitted and not nice Carl fixed.
cans damaged from a off.

Reg rec faulty , instead of replacing rec reg which was faulty battery had been replaced so acid damage down the frame and cases damaging them quite badly. Cases very pitted as well.

hangers damaged.

Other bits
As said forks dire and pitted.
Reg rec faulty.
Wiring not good
ran like a dog
oil leak
no belt change in 4 years.. or services.
lots of bits mangled and bent
filty oily and neglected.
Oil like Shreks swamp when I got it home!!
Chain hanging off the bike!!

I had clutch sorted as I now have arthritis and immune system disease which was making me crippled up especially my arms and hands so Carl took two springs out and made it so I could cope
Which was better then all the other faff id have had to have gone through!

I am on a very low wage and I can't often afford new bits so often have to buy and tart up stuff or mend.
Also I had to find people to do this and that... sometimes visiting them to talk too all over East Anglia!