Thread: Desert Sled?
View Single Post
Old 24-12-2018, 10:45 PM   #4
Flip

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez900ie View Post
I know the feeling. I once had a Honda NX650 that was rather tall for me - or I was slightly short for it...

Still I wanted a dirtbike and happily a cheap 1980 Suzuki TS185 in poor condition sneaked into my shed just yesterday. It will be a fair amount of work & money to get it back on the road, but I can almost smell the blue stroke already! Plus the seat height is what I would call ideal!

Heres a pic of what it should look like
I know them well Jez- my very first bike of my own was a TS50ER that I saved up my paper round money for and rode around my parents back garden until my sixteenth birthday when I could ride it on the road- Happy (carefree) Days!!

I almost bought a TS185ER a couple of months ago from a very well known parts supply company with two initials in their name who are based in Swansea.
It turns out the person who's name is 'M'ark not (&) 'P'aul buys and sells the odd 'classic' motorcycle- what it should be advertised as is 'death trap'.

Personally I could tell it was not worth the money he wanted and he was unwilling to negotiate (over the phone) but the thing that got me was I spent two hours in their workshop with a technician (who agreed totally with my findings) pointing out and going through all the things that another one of his employees should have failed it's MoT on- dangerously loose head bearings, play in the swinging arm, front brake plate wouldn't tighten up due to incorrect wheel spacers- the list went on.

Apparently they are under an awful lot of pressure to pass motorcycles bought by 'the Boss'

Anyway, my search will continue as I do fancy a bigger brother of my very first bike just 'coz.