View Single Post
Old 22-06-2018, 07:32 PM   #8
Fuzzy

Second bike was stripped as sold as parts by the dealer who took it back, first went back to the factory. Harnesses were killed by vibrations and heat causing shorts which were responsible for the dash, ecu, black box failures. Exhaust failure was down to the motor sizing (crap trap), TPS died the day i picked it up from the dealership the first time.

It's a shame I love the way the ride, feel and sound.. ducatis are a little less tame than the Japanese bikes but the build really is a joke.

I appreciate that some of you might never have those problems, but 2 bikes with the same problems at roughly the same mileage +/- 200 miles says alot. I hadn't expected bullet proof.. you don't buy Italian if you want bullet proof... But I also didn't expect to spend 6 weeks going to and from dealerships out the 8 month ownership on each bike on a tow truck, then waiting for weeks on end for new parts.

FYI the second bike to suffer a wiring harness Ducati sent out 13 starter cables labeled as Wiring harnesses followed by a factory engineer with a wiring harness because they thought the dealership were idiots and couldn't tell the difference between a wiring harness and starter cable. 5 weeks without the bike that time