View Single Post
Old 31-03-2020, 08:07 PM   #10
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
So what did you do after your morning tea break then Grumpy?..

I've never been considered essential by anyone, but I seem to be in demand locally by building firms. I am in a unique position in that I have a very well equipped wood working shop up the end of my garden. It got even better equipped after being made redundant at the beginning of this year. With joinery shops mostly closed in the area ,the aforementioned builders are making the most of my self sufficiency. I have three quite large jobs stacked up and more in the pipeline.

I sorned the Monster today and it was heartbreaking. The last ride was quite, er, enthusiastic! I noticed that the left silencer now has the inner tailpipe protruding out by about 3". The entire last baffle section including 2 "bulkheads", has come loose somehow and moved outwards.
So I have ordered some materials to re-build a pair from Utopia's 750, that he kindly sold me for a gift price. I hammed it up first time round and they were awful, but I now have a plan of unequalled cunning to get them functioning just so, and they will become totally unique. I might also fit the new cambelt tensioner bearings that came with the new Exactfit belts. I didn't do it when I put the belts on, because, well, I procrastinated. But now...