View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 09:29 PM   #44
JMH900sie

UPDATE TIME! ......

This week, ive been trying to button up a few major cosmetic issues i was having with the bike (part of the reason i got it so cheap.... but very annoying).....

first up, the exhausts. The bikes got an amazing pair of SILMOTO high level, 105DB beast cannons on it, which were faded, and pretty crappy looking. Removed the decals, and hit them with a UV resistant lacquer...... using 1200 grit wet and dry every few coats to get them smooth. Also used lots of metal polish on the stainless. Im very happy. Here are before and afters, with and without flash.......

Not 100% flawless, but plenty good enough for me! VERY HAPPY CHAPPY.

next up were the rearsets..... the right hand one was badly discoloured, and they were both silver.... not fitting what i want from the bike. Out come the black paint. Lots and painting, sanding and swearing later, i have these.....

and then this!

I also painted the center section of the shift rod black to match, again, happy chappy.

FINALLY, i got sick of the tea tray. But, being a cheapskate i didnt want to invest 40 quid in what is essentially a bracket..... so i made one! first attempt is crude, but ive learnt alot for v2........ heres the tail.... CHOPPED!

Im also working on a way to change the colour of your fork tubes which doesn't involve vinyl, spraying, ano, and is easily and completely reversible, and a child could fit! if my idea comes to fruition, i'm going to sell kits for anyone interested!

I also need help. Having an issue with my indicators..... in that all four flash at once no matter where i indicate! Fitted new indicators, and an LED flasher relay.... since then, boom, hazards.

joe