View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #12
banditloon

She's not 19, she's now twenty!!

A quick update.

Nessie has been off the road since September. The last time I used her she had developed a new problem of shaking fuses loose. All good fun when riding along the A30 at the NSL!!

Other than that, the (possibly) 20 year old starter motor finally died. I was tempted to go for the cheap brushes kit, but decided on getting a nice, new shiny starter motor. The old starter motor smelt like a 20 year old BBQ'd bacon sarnie, and so far the new one has been fitted, and hopefully after todays tinkering in the secret workshop, I'll have a functioning 20 year old classic Monster 900 again!!

First problem, cheese screws invented by Ducati to keep us DIyers busy!!

You wish to remove a 21 year old engine case, and cannot use the engine case puller tool, well don't panic, use the PROPER tools!

And after a bit of swearing, it comes off.

Revealing shiny things...

And a not so shiny thing!!

New one received from Wemoto, one day turn around!!!

Pinion gear swapped for the original (and I didn't lose the ping-f**k-clips!), and fitted back in the engine case.

Now it's time collect the engine oil from a well known motorcycle dealers (this side of west London / north east Surrey anyway), refit some gasket sealant stuff, and see if the tinker has worked!!

Last edited by banditloon; 02-03-2013 at 10:48 AM..