View Single Post
Old 12-08-2020, 11:27 PM   #18
spuggy

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacs View Post
I bought one as well - got my leads from Ebay, but any Triumph dealer should be able to supply, they fit the Street Triple 675, part no. T2500676 (according to my Ebay listing).

Yeh, actually, Fowler's in Bristol had 10 in stock on Tuesday (9 now, sorry boys ) https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/view/T2500676

They were cheaper than anyone I saw on Flea Bay @ 20.57 GBP (VAT included), and will pop them in a plain brown envelope and mail them out for 3-4 quid; got mine today.

That's a pint you owe me

Quote:
I haven't got as far as plugging them into the Monster loom yet, but they look like they will do the job.
For the doubled-up battery leads, take a small flat-bladed screwdriver, stick it down the front of the connector block while pushing the wire/terminal towards you, feel for/locate the tang that holds the terminal in, and pull the wire out the back. Repeat.

Do the same for the Ducati connector block on your original rectifier, and then you can swap the Ducati locking connector block onto the Triumph link cable - just adjust the terminal tang so it's slighly proud if it got flat, push the terminal into the block until it clicks/locks.

And then you'll have the locking function on the block on the Triumph cable as well. Might want to add a small zip tie; the lock doesn't quite hold the connector 100% of the way in... (to clarify this is mostly to make it more weathertight - the electrical connection is fine)

Quote:
Spuggy and Luddite, for two excellent threads that have given me the confidence to dabble in electrics.
Heh. My lithium battery hasn't caught fire yet - and seems to be both charging like a champ and delivering the rated 280CCA (the YB12 is 220CCA, I believe).

Hit the button, big pause while it winds up - fires up every time...

And they discharge 1% per month if you don't use the bike, not 10% like lead acid. I'm, like, so over lead acid/AGM technology...

Last edited by spuggy; 13-08-2020 at 01:17 AM..
spuggy is offline   Reply With Quote