View Single Post
Old 26-09-2019, 07:03 PM   #44
FrankenDesmo

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
If i were you then i would find someone who knows Ducati and has a dyno and run it on there which should tell you what you got and what you need to do. Before you mess about with the carbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
But this bike started out as an M600, so the engine may be modded. All we know at the moment is that it’s got the better heads.

Depending when it was made, some 900 motors have been opened up to change the cylinder head studs: an early spec. tended to snap.
Darren, cheers for the tip, I'd be doing a bit more looking at the bike before I started to do anything to it (I've been totally flat out at work so it's just been sitting in my mates back yard until I move into a flat with a garage tomorrow). A dyno run makes sense though.

Darkness, yep, we don't know if this is an early or late v2 motor, although I guess some inference can probably be made from its serial number. It seems like whoever did the conversion knew what they were doing, unless they fluked the motor - but the rest of the bikes mods are quite well done. Just a shame they didn't take care of the electrics, but I guess I need to have _some_ work to do
FrankenDesmo is offline   Reply With Quote