View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 12:53 PM   #1
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Testastretta Tinkering

So now I have the S4R Testastretta starting good, which appeared to be nothing more than a main earthing issue, I thought I would update with the other stuff I've been doing to the bike since I got it.

It would appear to be a very well cared for bike but had some cosmetic issues which I had to address. I took a bunch of photos which did not turn out so I will redo and re-post them but for now one of the main issues was the "tail chop" which I am not a big fan of an this example was evidence enough, but I just had to make the best of what I had so a cheap Chinese tail chop kit and LED rear light was duly obtained and fitted: -

The original brackets were made up of random Dexion, random ally brackets and thin stainless sheets that were riveted together, ok and worked, but not so good and didn't fit very well. It was rusty and heavy and the indicators were at a crazy angle!

num

Blurry photo sorry. The bracket was 30 quid from China and has LED number plate light and rear reflector as an optional extra. The rear LED light was 25 and fitted fine with the bracket. Personally I think it looks much better than what I had before.

The wiring was kept original as possible but still needs some tidying: -

I've done a load of other minor changes too mostly with parts that I had in boxes left over from the S4 Foggy resto but the pics didn't turn out so good. More to follow:-

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote