View Single Post
Old 13-11-2012, 08:06 PM   #14
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunEye View Post
Thanks for your comments and thoughts on my Evo's problem.

My understanding of the vent is that it should relieve the build up of pressure in the tank. The fact that the vent works ok when the engine is cool/warm (you can see petrol vapour coming out of the end of the vent pipe under the bike), but I get pressure build up when the engine gets hot would seem to indicate that when the engine gets hot something expands and restricts the venting. I have checked the routing of the vent pipe and it is not pinched or kinked anywhere.

I am sure that Pro Twins will get to the bottom of the problem. They have already spoken to Ducati UK about it who have said that it is not a problem that they have come across before. ProTwins will have my bike until the issue is resolved and as I have no trips planned they can take their time and be certain it is fixed before giving it back to me. I would like to think that with the bike being only 4 months old that this will be sorted out under warranty.

I'll let you know the diagnosis.
Mine does hiss in summer more than anything. But I dont use as much as yourself so cannot really comment. Never had a fountain mind only in the pond. Hope Pro Twins sort it out soon.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote