View Single Post
Old 22-04-2019, 03:41 PM   #908
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
Some progress over the last couple of days, the battery tray is repaired and is miles away from being a thing of beauty but given where it sits I think it can stay as it is, subject only to a) a little bit of tweaking where it currently clashes with the infill panels b) some adjustment to enable access to the common earth post (horn mounting) and c) the bonding in of some metal mesh to act as part of a Faraday cage on the part of the tray that covers the Ignitech enclosure.

The tool tray came out just OK, I was hoping for better. It is just on the cusp of not being good enough to warrant making another, I will spend as much time repairing it as making a new one, but obviously the new one may not be any better than the first. It sits under the seat and the bits that are less than perfect are hidden by the frame tubes so maybe I will leave it until I see how much CF I have left after all the other bits are produced.

I am probably expecting too much for my first few CF components to be perfect.
The first infill panel will definitely have to be re-made as it is on display around the head stock and the gel coat is full of imperfections. It does however fit nicely, clicking into place around the smaller diameter support tube to the head stock.
nationwide bank near me

I wish I had put more thought into how these bits and pieces will be assembled as I now realise that putting the wiring in behind the infill panels and getting the battery box and the ignitech enclosure all positioned will be a bit of a nightmare. The loom to the head lamp and instrument cluster will have to pass through this right hand infill panel.
Still nobody said it was going to be easy
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote