View Single Post
Old 29-12-2017, 03:18 PM   #21
Froggy46

Utopia, thanks for the comments.

For the raisers, I think they are Luigi moto’s indeed, they were on the bike when I got it and made perfect sense then. However with the new rear shock (where the ride height is already set a bit higher than before), the new rose joints (with a slightly longer head) and the new settings at the front, the bike was leaning dangerously on its stand with its raisers still in place. I initially wanted to leave them on and started looking for what could be done to the side stand or what other model stand (916,ST, etc) could do a better job. I could not find anything on any of the forums or anything manufactured for that ... lead me to think that may be I had a problem nobody else had, and I looked at the stack up of all my changes....hence the raisers out !!!
I will give it a few months once the good weather returns to make sure I am happy with the settings, I will keep you posted if I no longer need Luigi’s!!!

I have have tried a few setting at the front, ranging from 15mm to 25mm (fork tube top to clamp), currently ok but going to try to increase it a bit more.

Engine paint is a 2K from RS paint, colour was made by matching with a massive paint flake that had departed from the engine cover (it was in a bit of a state)! Final result is a bit darker than original but I seem to be the only one to notice!!!