View Single Post
Old 29-12-2017, 02:03 PM   #20
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
The plastic terry-clips holding the fork legs is a nice touch.
Dunno whether its their own idea or just part of the supplied kit but its the sort of thing that would give me confidence in the level of care that they take in their work.

Cans look nice and clean, and accentuate the minimalist, clean lines of the bike nicely.
With an old-school flavour too.

Those hoop jack-ups look like they may be the Louigimoto ones.
I guess it all depends on how high you set the fork legs, style of bars and suchlike but the majority view is that a slight raise at the rear (or drop at the front) improves the steering qualities.
Perhaps the extra front end weighting due to your clip-ons will make the jack-ups redundant, but you may find that you want to replace them once you've ridden the bike without them.
Before you do ride it though, I would suggest that you consider lowering the front a tad, or at least be prepared to find the steering very heavy at higher speeds since the front end will be higher and the steering angle therefore "shallower".
I learn't this first hand. I was on the wrong side of the road on the outside of a bend at the time, and kinda heading for the scenery.

ps. if you do decide they're not needed, I would buy them off you.
My homemade ones are a little longer and I'd like to experiment.

What engine paint did you use ?
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote