View Single Post
Old 20-07-2020, 12:56 PM   #11
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
IIRC there is a way to tell if they are the later studs. Some were a different colour and I think may have had something stamped onto the end 'M'? If it's an early bike and not had them changed then it certainly worth considering I would say.They did fit them to the the later bikes but not sure when.

Had one on my '94 900SS go and it's a pain. The Baines Racing ones are waisted in the centre to allow for some more stretch so you can see when the barrels are off, but I'm not sure if the Ducati ones do.
Don't know when they were changed but my engine is date stamped '95 and has black studs and I have no reason to suspect they are not original as I don't think the engine had been apart before I got hold of it.

As for the base gaskets, they are really just shims and don't seal anything (use threebond for that) so unless they break or are too rusty etc. then you can re-use them. Otherwise measure them, I actually used a 0.4mm on one and a 0.3mm on the other to fettle the squish but you can't go wrong by using the same as before...

Last edited by Dukedesmo; 20-07-2020 at 12:59 PM..
Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote