View Single Post
Old 13-07-2015, 07:22 PM   #105
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Engine has gone to Hospital

After a little progress over the weekend generally cleaning more parts from the bike and finding some old parts that may be useful if I cannot easily repair threads on lock stop on lower yoke as I have a 1997 one to hand in A1 condition.

The parts bucket is now full and piled in as many useful bolts and nuts and washers I could clean up in case they help out. I also managed to get the correct size hanger bolt for free as to the one Slob kindly donated to me but larger hole. It will still get re-plated and be offered to anyone who needs one as a freebie.

I have coming a nice pair of throttle cables from ebay to replace my usable but tired coating ones. I may also have a better pair of early exhausts tonight for £20-25 if Mart64 manages to do a deal that will need less work than mine to clean up but I will still finish them as these ones will be M600 ones. I do believe they will fit the same if not I will have pair for sale soon. All the rod ends should arrive shortly and have already got the steering ones here. Just need the wheel ones and cush drive ordered.

This afternoon I got Al from Pro Team Ducati asking if and when he should piclk up my engine to go to the hospital of engines in Surrey. I said after work I will drop it in so lifted the unit into the back of my car and dropped it down. My original plan was to get all the bolts plated before but tbh it doesn't matter really as it will be stripped, assessed and works carried out and then will come back to Al and then I can paint and get bolts off to plating and then will go back to Al for further service work ie belts and he can tighten it all up when all fresh.

It may be 1 -2 months for the engine work which gives me time to get frame painted and wheels done but they are due to be taken in 2 weeks time. So around a month turnaround back to me.

It also gives me time to build my bike table for rebuilding them on. I already have the frame cut and just need some plates welded on the U section so it can be bolted and unbolted if needed and can work on top of my bike lift to lower it down at a sensible height for the ramp to be used.
I just need to figure out a wheel chock or clamp system to keep a bike steady once rolling.

Last edited by Albie; 13-07-2015 at 07:25 PM..
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote