View Single Post
Old 18-06-2019, 07:57 PM   #30
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Hi Mark I have read your pm regarding sale. Lets not get to ahead you spending money if not at all necessary. I wont be selling firstly the 2 exhausts in the pictures as they are a good set of chamfered spares if ever I need as mine runs unchamfered which are rocking horse poo. I do have another spare good condition left hand one. I did also have a right hand one but I cut ends off considering adapting sleeve for unchamfered copy as couldn't find one at time. The headers or system is certainly available but it does have minor damage on bottom through kerbing in its history but I replaced it for better.
That and the other system was disgusting condition like yours but cleaned up with wire brush and scotchbrite pads to the finish shown in an afternoon.
Looking at your pics it looks to me like with the stock system its not yet against the mounting hanger so there is possible clearance. Having new bush rubbers also help and these are not expensive from Moto Rapido ( ask for UKMOC 10% discount )
Check also your footrest hangers too for wear on them rubbers. They also have backing washers around a 1mm thick. If they are missing it can close hangers inwards. You could also add washers another 1mm if your bolt lengths are stock.
That mounting plate may be deformed too. It has a curve in it to cup the exhaust but is a specific shape to mount solid and has flex on the hanger mount.
My last concern is to question whether or not that black replaced exhaust was fitted after a mishap accident and may have hit the deck causing the header system to bend in on that side. The system is stainless steel although low grade hence the bad colour but it could easily be bent out a smidge with some tube but I would not a standard exhaust. I would find pipe the inside diameter and just tweak it out.
Measure the outlets at rear inside to inside and I can measure my system across to compare.

Last edited by Albie; 18-06-2019 at 07:59 PM..
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote