View Single Post
Old 23-06-2020, 10:20 AM   #12
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
What you have there is a very nicely modified Monster, I like the dash with the two white clocks. Are the symbols on the warning lights the right way up or sideways on? It would be extra clever if they were the right way up as I believe they are on a common "card" so it would need a custom card to right them from the horizontal standard position.

I'm not sure about shortened standard silencers, but it looks okay in this Monster. They would be better still if they were polished even though the anodising looks in good nick. To really take this bike into the top league, those exhaust pipes need to be polished too, then the whole bike will really shine.

There will be someone out there that really appreciates a nicely modded Monster, and you only need one customer at the end of the day. It may take a little longer to sell than an ordinary Monster but I would hold out for a better price if I were you.

I had a '98 M900 which presumably had the "750" heads and I didn't notice any shortage of power, just a lovely smooth satisfying motor bike. Yes my big valve injection 900 does have a lot more go, but I definitely would not describe the former as under powered.