View Single Post
Old 17-08-2020, 04:28 PM   #16
Flip

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
Spoked wheels are around £1600. I want a pair too but just can't justify the cost atm or ever.

The Smeegal swinging arm was also a kit for the Monster but I forget the name of the company, it wasn't the same as the 916 one but specific for Monsters, fittting a regular 916 arm to a Monster would probably not be the best combination for handling as it was designed for the 916.
Spoked wheels do look good keeping on trend with a retro look but the trouble is you have to run them with tubes in which, if anyone whose had a puncture while moving isn’t a lot of fun as they go down very quickly!!!

Lots of modern bikes equipped with spoked wheels are clever double skinned jobbies that are run tubeless (like a lot of mountain bikes) making them much safer.

I can’t remember the name of company that made the single sided swing arm kit either but the main advantage of it over using a 916/748 item was that it used the standard Monster pivot bearings (meaning it was reversible) whereas using a 916/748 item meant the Monster engine cases needed to be machined to accept the bearings and pivot.