View Single Post
Old 17-04-2021, 08:47 AM   #19
PPuxley

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
Hello and welcome to the club PPuxley.

Sounds like you're not exactly a beginner and have found the ropes already.. Looking forward to a build thread.

Darren is almost right, I bought a collection of silencers, but I do have some to spare.
I wouldn't pay too much attention to the part numbers as I even have some stamped lafranconi and some stamped Remus, they are identical.
The silencers I have left are the Lafranconi/Remus "pair" and are a little scratched, but what I do, and indeed what Buzzer did, is polish off all the anodizing so they twinkle in the Sun and look better than new. I gently core mine too, just so's you know it's running without frightening the horses..
Sorry, missed this. Yes, saw what Buzzer did. Ive had some success with stripping anodising (im assuming they are "flat" anodised aluminium) dressing the scratches, red scotchbriting, vapour blasting, then reanodising to end up with very nearly an original finish. That would cost me around £30 a can in blasting and anodising plus a lot of time (but my times free) or I can just keep looking through the build for a really good pair. i saw the "coring" he did and will get the deets for that in due course