View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 11:11 PM   #48
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
It's always worth quoting chassis numbers on odd bikes like the 900ie. It had a lot of part changes over it's very short manufacturing run. This caught me out at least once when I ended up with the wrong rear brake master cylinder. I ordered one based on the 51 plate 2002 registration, but it was actually a 2001 spec 900ie. Many bikes sit around in storage before being registered, so number plate isn't an accurate indication of model/year for ordering parts. Ducati also had a habit of swapping things mid production run in the early days.

The hooped suspension model 900ie (2001), and S4 chassis non-hooped 900ie (2002) look very similar at first glance, but there are actually a lot of major changes. A few apart from chassis being wiring loom, factory immobiliser, clocks, ECU, electronic speedo, rear master cylinder etc...

The belts and many other parts should be the same, but it's worth quoting a VIN number to be sure

Last edited by gary tompkins; 06-01-2014 at 11:17 PM..
gary tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote