View Single Post
Old 24-03-2015, 07:33 PM   #35
ibanezlynx

Hello guys,
Firstly let me apologise for not posting much in a while. I have been super busy with various other ventures. However, the spark is re-ignited and I am hammering on with the project. I thought I would show some of my recent progress...
The heads are back. I had new exhaust guides put in, the valves were dressed and the seats re-done. I am very happy with the job:

I have spent some time scrubbing the exhausts. The underside was pretty pitted but they didn't turn out too bad:

I repainted the exhaust clamps. I took them to work and blasted them, then re-painted with hi-temp exhaust paint. Hopefully they stand up ok:

I then stripped, cleaned and re-painted the starter motor:

The footrest hangars have been stripped, powder coated and re-built with new fasteners etc:

The mirrors were a rusty mess. I stripped them, blasted and re-painted. They are not great but I have spent a lot of money recently and it will save me a few bob. It is also nice to have the original mirrors on:

Front end rebuilt:

Whole bike so far:

The engine will be soda blasted within the next 3 weeks and then I can paint it.
Should be getting the wheels back this week from powder coat. I can then crack on and build them up...
At the moment I am making new starter wiring and just trying to get everything super clean.
I haven't spent any money on bling parts, trying to keep it classy and understated.

Will keep you all updated...