View Single Post
Old 05-09-2018, 01:10 PM   #5
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
I had one of those and I wasn't impressed.
For one thing I could never get a stable reading from it.
But my main complaint was the poor quality of the mechanical design .. the tacho unit is way too heavy for the poorly designed carbon bracket and the whole thing bounces around, being supported by the speedo cable as much as anything.
And therein lay the main problem .. as the unit tried to bounce against the restraint from the speedo cable, it eventually caused the speedo mounting bolts to break.
That's not quite as dramatic as it sounds since the speedo mounting bolts are actually a two-part affair with a central rubber section bonded in the middle .. and the bonding became detached.
Fortunately, since I have a lathe and a bit of ingenuity, I was able to effect a repair to my speedo but for most folk that would have been time to buy a new one.
I sold the revcounter unit to a forum member soon afterwards (very cheaply and explaining my reasons) and I was glad to see the back of it. I've heard no bad feedback from him since but I strongly suspect his speedo mounts are now broken.

On the other hand, I know that Flip also has had one fitted for some time, and seems to be happy with it.

But put it this way .. if I woke up one morning to find that the goodies fairy had fitted one while I was asleep, I would remove it before riding the bike.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote