View Single Post
Old 05-02-2020, 08:35 AM   #19
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollo22 View Post
I was told by a Ducati chap that the black clutch fluid is caused by the rubber seal cap in the reservoir

I changed mine to the clear ones as used on new monster and no black fluid
By which I assume we are talking about the black "rubber" diaphram in the top of the pot? I have the standard round first generation remote pots on mine with custom caps but the original black seal/diaphragms.
I know the pots are of different design, with the brake having two screws in the cap, while the clutch is a screw on cap, so I suppose it's possible that the diaphragms are different materials, otherwise both pots would be affected, as Darren said.. Seems odd though?
The clutch diaphram is much more visible than the brake and produces a flash of black in the translucent pot even if the fluid is clear, so a clear diaphram would help in that respect at least.

I will enquire at Moto Rapido for availability of a clear seal and if I can get one it will part of the pre Weekender service.. My money's on the slave seals though.

Anorak note.. Interesting word; diaphram. It gains a "g" in the plural; diaphragms.