View Single Post
Old 13-07-2020, 12:58 PM   #13
spuggy

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan s4 View Post
Yep - I did all of that as well. Only thing I would question now is whether there is any real benefit to mounting the reg under the mudguard. The new one runs so cool in my bike I'm not sure whether it makes any real difference?
I mostly mounted it there simply because I couldn't fit in the original location without hacking up the seat base... I'd also figured "if it runs that much cooler, why bother re-locating it?"...

I presume you had to do something similar?

It's notable that in one the few spec sheets I've seen for a Shindengen - before they pulled them all; current rating is provided relative to how much airflow there is over it...

So static with no airflow, it's not anything like as useful...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan s4 View Post
What's the mileage on your bike? I needed a new sprag and starter at 20k and I'm sure the duff original RR contributed to this.
Coming up on 21K - dismally low since I bought it, but as it had fun-curtailing issues the first few times out, so it'll take a little while to build up the confidence to take it farther from home, lol..

Yeh, starter struggling to turn the motor over with a wimpy charge can't be good for it.

Based on the behaviour of the tach (only started playing up after 10 miles or so, normal until then), I think the old RR had only recently started playing up - or was only doing so when it overheated.
spuggy is offline   Reply With Quote