View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 04:08 PM   #17
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Hope this helps

Well today I feel I achieved something positive with the paint saga if and I say if in case and I always worry the sample original part sent to me by Darkness is the correct colour of the year. I believe it is and I got the part matched locally from an independent paint supplier who can custom mix rattle cans. We studied countless colour charts and was close with a Porsche one but we found a bike colour including ducati and cagiva and aprilia and got one very very close and he did a slight tint. He then took the sample suspension hoop and sprayed one side of a leg and it blended great. If you can notice it in the picture then well done. We also did part of the crap sample paint I did with Audi Dakota Grey so to check on that.
I am completely happy with it so I have 3 x 400ml cans to spray the frame over the powdercoat and have 2 cans of satin laquer.
It cost me £78 but I don't need a sprayer to do it.
If its successful and anyone decides they would be happy to get some please contact Kent Car Panel and Paint in Maidstone and they will be happy to make you some as they have all the details of the mix they did for me. Just say the custom 93 frame paint and its £12.95 +VAT per 400ml can.
Phone number is 01622 752821

Albie is offline   Reply With Quote