Bike: M900sie
Hi Flip.
I have had, up til now 5 Guzzis,

My £75 Mk1 Le Mans
V11 Le Mans
1000S
Bellagio
T3,

Each one is different, but inherently the same, if you know what I mean. They are all fairly easy to work on apart from a clutch change as it's a bit of a pain to get to but you can 'crab' the frame, (unbolt bottom rails and a few other bits and lift the frame up leaving engine sitting there!), not so hard as it sounds. People mention Italian Electrics, they are no worse of than any other bike if you look after them, ensuring connectors are clean and not damaged etc. Relay's can be a bugbear but change them for some from Pyro Dan in US, dirt cheap and really good quality.

I am going to contradict myself here, on the Bellagio, and possibly I think the early Griso, Grumpy may confirm more, there can be instrument panel gremlins, I think it's to do with dampness but there is a workaround by drilling a couple of wee holes in the bottom corner of the cluster. If you go for an early one change the switch gear for Triumph starter on the right and Yamaha for lights etc., as the early switch gear, (lego), is not very sturdy at the least! I have wiring diagrams to do this but it's simple.

As mentioned they will go on for ever if, like everything else, they are looked after.
If you are looking for a comfortable tourer an early Cali or variant, but stay away from those with chrome wheels as they put the chrome on top of the alloy rims and the chrome flakes, I can't remember what years but I can find out easily.
The big Cali, the 1400, is exactly that, BIG, and from reading reports it take about 2 hours to remove the rear wheel as a lot of the bike has to be worked on.

I know of a couple that are probably for sale, a lovely Ballabio at a decent price and a Daytona similar to Alan s4's.

My head if full of useless gumpf regarding Guzzis sorry,and there are few good forums, http://www.guzziriders.org/forums.html being one, and there are others too some worldwide.

The spares situation is very good with mostly enthusiasts running spares shops, Gutsibits in UK springs to mind.

Sorry about my droning on!, and sorry for, like Alan, a gratuitous link to my 1000S on the day I sold it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEu0...ature=youtu.be

1965 BSA Lightning Clubman
1958 Wife
2000 M900Sie
rbt1548 is offline   Reply With Quote