View Single Post
Old 16-04-2024, 08:55 AM   #1
LouSCannon
These must fit a Monster?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
A quandary... advice in the NW

Morning folks! Long time and I hope this finds those I still remember keeping well!

Life has changed quite significantly for me over the past five years or so. I have however held on to the old '98 M900 that I bought from Gordon those many years ago and did a little cosmetic rebuild another quite a few years ago: http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=55114

She's sat in a damp small garage and although turning over and running under choke she's mis firing like a bitch and cutting out when off choke. Pretty certain the carbs needs coming off and cleaning given she was left standing for so long. She's also showing signs of needing a fair bit of cosmetic work, powder coating frame and casings.

I've not got the garage to do such work, and I certainly can't afford to pay Ducati dealer rates. So, two options I see are:

1. Anyone know private Ducati mechanic or garage very near the Chester / Ellesmere Port area who I could trust and wouldn't cost a fortune to strip her down for me.

2. Anyone with the means to do work who would consider buying her for a not ridiculously cheap price just because she's not running right now?

Or, any other ideas?

All the best folks... Jim