View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 10:34 AM   #2
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Emissions Testing

This involves running your bike on a rolling road whilst analysing the exhaust gasses. This generates a report that is automatically sent to TFL. Currently the only approved test centre is Riverbank MCs in Bow, East London.

Unit 3, Riverbank Business Park,
Dye House Lane,
London E3 2TB
Tel: 020 8983 4896

If in doubt give them a call, they have tested may bikes now and will have a fairly good idea of what will or won't pass without further work.

It's just behind a Shell petrol station on Wick Lane, near the A12. The test takes around half an hour and there's a cafe opposite, so you can get a cuppa and a bite to eat while you wait.

Go to https://www.nationalemissionstestcentre.com/

You'll see some information on prices, meeting ULEZ standards and some advice eg. make sure your tank is full of FRESH fuel. Scroll down and click 'BOOK A TEST'

Select the earliest appointment or choose 'MORE TIMES' to see other options.

At the time of writing there was a sixteen week wait for tests! Although I was lucky and got a cancellation for a couple of days time.

Once you've selected an appointment, click 'Continue' fill in your information and confirm.

You'll receive and email from NETC, confirming your appointment. You'll also get an email reminder from them 24 hours before your appointment.

If there's a long delay, I'd suggest going back and checking the website daily to see of any cancellations have opened up, since the normal waiting list is over three months at the moment. Once the you've received the confirmation email you can then cancel your original appointment.

After the test you'll be given a report sheet to keep for your records and NETC will automatically inform TFL of the test, so all being well, you shouldn't need to take any further action.

* The test centre is inside the ULEZ, so if you're riding to the test, you'll need to pay the charge for that day. I was told it could take up to four days for TFL's systems to update, so check your bike's status before riding in London, The bike I had tested was showing as 'charge free' the following day.

Last edited by slob; 05-11-2021 at 10:38 AM..
slob is offline   Reply With Quote