View Single Post
Old 20-05-2017, 01:35 PM   #177
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Ha .. I do remember finishing "Zen" but only after numerous restarts and even then I was left in some uncertainty.
Your road-sign 3mm ally is in the same vein as the beer-can handlebar clamp shims .. if you recall ?

I was going to refrain from adding further comment for fear of cluttering the thread, but.....
The rugmaker might be worried (though foolishly) about accidentally creating perfection while merely trying to do his humble best ....?
I could go on and talk of chaos and the dance of Shiva, but maybe that should be reserved for a discussion over a brew or two of some sort .,.. on me.
Suffice to say, there's nothing wrong with the odd flaw or scar as long as they are good, honest ones, in fact a case can be made to suggest that they are a vital ingredient.
Oh, and I have no time for the rug collector who would prize something merely because it is rare or unusual .. He has no sense of quality and is merely interested in abstract market value.
He would probably have no interest in my old 750 whatsoever (even though it "is" the best motorcycle in the world, ever).
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote