View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 12:53 PM   #4
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
Morning all,

I'm looking at getting a tail tidy for the 696, but I've got the Ducati pillion grab rails fitted and I've read a few posts on the interweb suggesting that the units from Ducati, R&G and Evotech won't fit properly.

Does anyone on here have a 696 with a similar setup, or can confirm what will fit, or not fit?

The other part of the puzzle is that I'm possibly getting some carbon Termis, but I'm assuming they won't interfere with any of it.

Thanks in advance.
Assuming the 696 has the same rear-end as the 1100 Evo (I think it has), if you fit the Evotech tail tidy & follow the fitting instructions to the letter, the top of the rear indicators foul the pillion grab rails. From memory, this is because the instructions say to remove the flexible rubber mounts from the indicators which makes them shorter & they foul the grab rails. I ended up re-fitting the rubber mounts & this way they clear the grab rails (but only just). If you pm your email address I will try to take some pictures to illustrate. I don't know if the R & G TT creates the same problem.
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote