View Single Post
Old 13-06-2019, 06:14 PM   #58
Martin Duke

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Hawkwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyman View Post
Hawkwind, Jeez, I still have my 7" in a picture sleeve of Silver Machine. Saw them at the Sundown in Edmonton, north London in '74 (?) with Stacia their 'dancer' . Then at a free gig in Harlow park with Osibisa. Some of the best years of my misspent yoof :-) . Sons of Apollo are worth a listen if you like a bit of 'light entertainment' ;-)
Blimey - that's going back a bit! I saw them at the Windsor Great Park free festival, probably around the same time. Nice festival until Thames Valley Plods got rather heavy handed!
Perhaps 5 years later they were playing in Powis Square, London W10 one Saturday afternoon - I was working just around the corner. By all accounts they are a really decent bunch.

I listen to loads of different music - I often wonder just how much really good music passes me by just because I'm unaware of it. In no particular order I like Richard Thompson, John Martyn, The Doors, The Strokes, Beth Orton, Rory Gallagher, The Band, Dr John, Vampire Weekend, The Beatles, Ry Cooder, Little Feat, Bonnie Rait, Wilko Johnson and lots more!

Martin
Martin Duke is offline   Reply With Quote