View Single Post
Old 10-01-2024, 04:17 PM   #88
buzzer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
This will be interesting.
My "other" bike is a modified Honda Dominator, so substantially the same base.
Mine is nowhere near as tidy as your's will no doubt be .. more of a day to day hack than a tidy custom.
I suppose the CG tank is a decent choice. They've been used many times before and are proven. Personally I went with an ally tank from a TT500 (XT500) yamaha as the bike is a lifetime keeper. Fairly easy to make them fit and they have clearance for the oil-in-frame filler cap too. Worth considering maybe ?
I also pondered fitting the rear end with one of the curvy teatrays from a monster but that is on the back burner for now. I reckon it would look good. Feel free to use the idea.
I kept the larger front wheel (21 inch in the case of the dommi) as I wanted to build something a little more personal than the usual "streetracker" style.
Finished weight is 145kg by the way.
I considered fitting a flatslide Keihin but so far I've stuck with the original carb but ditched the airbox. If you go a similar route I can supply ballpark jetting info should you need it.

While it ain't a monster nor even a ducati, I for one would be very interested in following the build.
Thanks, I have ordered a 41mm FCR already! would love to get some jet suggestions!

I will keep posting progress guys!