View Single Post
Old 09-01-2024, 02:15 PM   #82
buzzer

Bike: M900
Probably my final post....

Well I said I wouldn't build another bike this winter, instead focusing on some house renovations which I started in September, planning to finish around March. But I got my skates on and had them finished by Christmas, gaining me MANY brownie points...

Last week I got chatting to a mate who had this Honda SLR 650 at the back of the shed, not ridden for a few years. Well I have always fancied doing a big single, and as this was Electric start, it fitted the bill perfectly!

I like to have a design brief in my head before I start, In this case, as always it will be minimalist… As light as I can make it… Parts I do put back on I will ask myself, “can I make it?” The front wheel will be changed to a 17” to match the rear, which will entail a wheel building session, something I have wanted to do for years… we will see on that one!

I ordered the tank soon as I got it... Brand new... off a CG125 Honda, great quality, came with a new cap and tap... £38 delivered, how do they do it for that little!

If anyone wants to follow this build it will be on my blog... www.jtccc.wordpress.com or I am happy to post on this thread if that's what people want?