View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 11:30 AM   #109
buzzer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
I believe there is an automatic valve lifter which operates on one valve during starting.
Mine has been ok but I have heard others claiming that these can malfunction.
Not sure if this is a correct diagnosis or not but it might be worth checking closely while you've got the engine apart.
Also worth checking that the short oil feed line from the pump hasn't collapsed. Mine looked dodgy so I replaced it when I had the aforementioned oil feed problem.

And yes, I too haven't done case-hardening for a VERY long time.
thanks. I had read about this and one of the causes of malfunction is turning the engine backwards, which bends the pin and then it no longer works. Mine seemed OK and free...

Just painted the pipes... I will check, agin thanks

the engine build is well underway…its a nice and simple engine to build, I do like the way honda gets all the tolerances spot on! While I was on I polished the ports, and matched the inlet manifold to the head. I also did a bit more Cerakote, and I have to say its easy to apply, and gives a superb finish, I would say that its easily up to factory standard! I have used the air dry titanium colour on the side case for a bit of contrast and will also be using this on the oil lines.