View Single Post
Old 29-04-2020, 09:54 AM   #2
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Interesting for sure and yet another opportunity for me to bitch about someone riding around on a bike of unknown belt age.. This one even says they look ropey!

I will make another point about this though, and you can discuss among yourselves.
So is it ethical to post up ads for Monsters or other bikes on here?
I think it's fine if it's yours or a mates bike, but otherwise it's just promoting John Doe's dubious Monster with iffy belts and tyres.
The thing is, that if it is of interest to a member on here then it could well be of interest to two members on here and that would lead to a conflict of interests and a bidding war against members, possibly friends.
Other forums do ban this practice of linking to ads, probably for this reason. (..and thank goodness this forum does not have all those crushing rules.)

Perhaps it would be better to send a PM to someone known to be looking for a Monster, (or other.) Anyone actively looking for to buy will be actively searching and probably would not want someone flagging up a bike that want to put a few quiet bids on.

Just some thoughts, I wondered what the general consensus was? Looking forward to your views..