View Single Post
Old 06-06-2022, 06:02 PM   #19
Flip

Bike: M900
Admittedly that’s gone up about £10 per year since I replaced mine but given it was about eighteen years old I reckon it hadn’t done bad and even at £80 if it lasts a similar amount of time that’s less than a fiver a year so personally as your 900 must be approaching a similar age as mine, I’d say suck it up- do the job properly and do it once.

As I’ve said before, all the carburetted models are getting on now and so with the ravages of time and the added effects of Ethanol they are starting to need almost yearly nurturing to keep them sweet which, to paraphrase the words of Yoda ‘Either do or do not- there is no try’ (coz it’s asking for the kind of trouble that got Ducati a bad name when the motors had valve checks every service and when they were missed people complained they ran cr@p and were unreliable).

I wonder how many owners of twenty plus year old Ducati’s are prepared for the valve service bill (if they’re not able to carry it out themselves) or simply just miss it and hope for the best??

Cr@ppy idle and small throttle openings anyone?

Last edited by Flip; 07-06-2022 at 04:56 PM..
Flip is offline   Reply With Quote