View Single Post
Old 29-08-2020, 07:32 AM   #1
KevTheTeaBoy

Hello there. M900 Refurb

Good Morning all,
I was pointed over to this fine forum from the Ducati forum what with this being Monster specific. So my apologies if there is some repetition.
My friend has asked me to help refurb his '93 (I think - not quite sure) M900. It's not standard but has great sentimental value so he's looking to revamp it and make it look better after 3 years stored in a leaky barn.
The battery has leaked all over the frame, the wheels are pretty shabby and the engine and every bolt has furred up. Hmm quite a task. Oh and one of the front cylinder studs has snapped.
Anyway I have stripped the bike down and I am looking for suggestions/ recommendations for places to get paintwork sorted (preferably around Manchester) also best place for replacement bolts? Or should I just look on ebay for them?
I think I have sourced HD replacement cylinder studs but any other suggestions, advice and tips are more than welcome. I'll attach some photos when I figure out how to compress them enough to get on here but there's not much to show as I got giddy and just got amongst stripping it