View Single Post
Old 27-09-2020, 09:54 AM   #4
Alexandru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip View Post
I had a similar issue on my carby 900- exactly the same symptoms you describe- only on very hot days (we get a few in the UK) and usually when in heavy traffic which is not my normal riding environment.

It turned out to be a fuel vapour lock caused by the deterioration of both the vacuum fuel tap and the vacuum fuel pump diaphragm. The fuel pump is re-buildable but the tap isn’t so needs to be bought as a replacement Ducati part.

While I was doing that I also replaced all the vacuum and fuel supply hoses so at the very least it would be worth checking for any cracks or splits in those as the vacuum pipes would also not help the pumps supplying enough fuel to the carbs.
Thanks for the info i will check the tap and the pump , as i see here the pump looks like it was rebuild i see new gasekets inside it..just a remark dono if it has to do with my problem but every time this happends my fuel tank is at the half of petrol inside...if i top it up its working sometimes but this time i did filled it up and did like 2kms and died again without any chance to start it...