View Single Post
Old 13-09-2012, 09:23 AM   #28
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by mholc123 View Post
OK I'm on nights and maybe I've missed it somewhere but dieing to know how this turned out.
Hope you weren't holding your breath?

Despite getting my flowed heads back some months ago, things did stall due to a couple of building projects - one of which was a workshop refurb which is now all done, so now I have no excuse.

The idea of getting it done for this year has now gone but I'm now aiming for a an over-winter project to be on the road in the spring.

To this end I actually made a new start yesterday with a minor alteration to the frame due to the float chamber of the vertical cylinder carb touching one of the cross-braces, which I know from experience (with a KTM) can only end badly when the bottom of the carb splits and fuel pours over the engine.

A few pics,

Cross brace moved slightly further forward;

Still deciding whether to move the battery support cross member back by a few mm as the horizontal intake stack is very close and I'd be happier with more clearance plus it would be easier to fit an air filter;

At least now I have a better working space, previously was cold, dark, damp & dusty.

More updates (hopefully) soon.

Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote